I pride myself on providing practical and commercially relevant strategies for my clients, delivered in a straightforward manner. I focus on the needs of my clients. Costs are provided up front and work is carried out promptly.
Jennifer has over 15 years’ experience in the field of trade marks. She is a highly experienced and qualified Trade Marks Attorney in Australia and New Zealand and is one of the founders of Actuate IP. Her trade mark practice encompasses all non-contentious aspects of trade mark law, including trade mark portfolio management, clearance searches, prosecution work and general strategic advice. This extends to Australian and international trade mark matters, for local and overseas clients, and a broad spectrum of industries.
Jennifer’s knowledge of Australian and New Zealand trade mark practices, as well as UK and USA trade mark practices, enables her to effectively assist clients in implementing cross jurisdictional trade mark strategies, such as launching new brands internationally, with consideration for the differences between the legal systems of different countries.
A strong focus of her practice is managing the international portfolios of her Australian clients.
Jennifer provides prompt and expert trade mark advice delivered with a personal approach. When working with Jennifer, you can expect practical solutions for your business in a straightforward and cost effective manner. With Jennifer, you will have the confidence that your trade marks are in good hands.
As a Principal of Actuate IP, Jennifer has overseen the firm’s trade mark practice identified as a leading trade mark practice firm:
- 2014 Managing Intellectual Property – World IP Survey Ranked Firm – Trade Mark Prosecution and Contentious Category
- 2012 Managing Intellectual Property – World IP Survey Ranked Firm – Trade Mark Prosecution and Contentious Category
Expertise and Track Record
Recent matters that Jennifer has advised on:
- Clearance advice in Australia, New Zealand and throughout Asia for the rebrand of an international digital media company.
- Assisting an Australian food company in the sale of several of its subsidiary companies and ensuring that the IP was treated appropriately as part of the sale.
- Brand strategy advice and trade mark registrations for a new smartphone app.
- Development of an international brand including clearance advice in multiple jurisdictions and registration of an international portfolio.
- Removal proceedings which involved removing a registered mark from the Trade Marks Register to clear the way for an entertainment brand.
- Advising in relation to the registrability of a new name for a management consulting firm